And So It Begins...

Jun 10, 2011
Finally! The dig begins tomorrow. It feels like it's been forever since we signed the contract. I'm going to do my best to keep up with pics, but we all know how sometimes you get distracted with other things like work...family...TV...did I mention work?... Nonetheless, I will forge ahead and attempt to get as much detail captured as possible as I know how you folks love your pics. Since the dig starts tomorrow, I'm including a link to a few "before" photos so you get an idea of how things started. Thanks for checking out my build process...welcome aboard and I hope you enjoy the ride...

B-R

http://s1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee417/Big_Ragu3/

Gunite done. Now the wait begins. 28 days to cure. Tough to explain to the kids that thing that looks like a pool, and that we have to hose down twice a day...isn't really the pool we're gonna go swimming in. Patience is a virtue....to us older folks. :)

[attachment=0:1nkuqkrh]DSC_0001.JPG[/attachment:1nkuqkrh]

[attachment=1:1nkuqkrh]DSC_0002.JPG[/attachment:1nkuqkrh]

Attachments

• DSC_0002.JPG
    DSC_0002.JPG
    217.3 KB · Views: 1,030
  • DSC_0001.JPG
    DSC_0001.JPG
    223.2 KB · Views: 1,028
inch by inch...step by step....plumbing and equipment installed this past week...electric and waterline tile next week - allegedly....

Attachments

• plumbing.JPG
    plumbing.JPG
    229.4 KB · Views: 910
  • equipment.JPG
    equipment.JPG
    230.1 KB · Views: 911
Electric done. Waterline tile done. PB says quartz plaster and filled with water week of 9/12....

[attachment=2:28xfeekr]Electric 1.JPG[/attachment:28xfeekr]

[attachment=1:28xfeekr]Electric 2.JPG[/attachment:28xfeekr]

Attachments

• Electric 1.JPG
    Electric 1.JPG
    231.5 KB · Views: 835
  • Electric 2.JPG
    Electric 2.JPG
    235.7 KB · Views: 836
  • tile.JPG
    tile.JPG
    233.8 KB · Views: 837

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
DEEP ENOUGH?

DSC_0053-1.jpg

Jamison04 said:
I absolutely love your choice of waterline tile!!! :goodjob:

Butterfly said:
WOW for that waterline tile! :goodjob:

Lershac said:
That tile is so full of awesomeness !!

reefdiver68 said:
Tile is awesome. Where did you get, what is it called...I want it!

shakenbake said:
funky tile! I love it

Thanks all. It was a tough decision but the boss (aka the Wife...aka the CFO...aka :thequeen: ) finally saw things my way - and that doesn't happen very often. In fact, let's just say it's very rare!

Reef: It's called Monogram Pebble. It's unique to my PB. He had it specially designed for his pools....Monogram Custom Pools.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.