Intermatic Multiwave Controller - any good?

grakk

Apr 19, 2011
Cedar Park, Tx
Anyone have any experiences with the PE653 Controller?
I'm looking at buying one and my pool guy is saying this is a really good lower cost alternative.

I am specifically looking at buying the Intermatic PE34065RC (2 stage pump, blower, heater, actuators) then running my pool lights on a separate switch inside the house.

The price is way cheaper than the alternatives I've seen from Hayward, Jandy and Pentair - so I'm a bit wary - what have you guys seen?

PoolGuyNJ said:
If your needs are very simple, it would work fine for a long time, just like Intermatic's other gear. But if you go for LED lights and variable speed pumps, stick with the big boys.2

Scott

Thanks for the response. The main reason we are looking at going with the Intermatic is pricepoint. Our old Jandy sytem (Aqualink 2 - it predates the RS series) isn't supported anymore and most of them seem complete overkill. We just want something with a freezeguard that will run our pool and have wireless controls.

Currently we have a

2 stage pump
Blower
2 actuators to turn on spa
Pool lights
Heater

This is one more circuit than the controller has so I am planning on running the pool lights to a Z wave switch that the wireless controller control.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.