Water Chemistry Target

Jul 14, 2011
Largo, FL
I'm a new SW pool owner with a pebblesheen interior. I have been targeting chemistry levels supplied by the installer. The pool is located in the Tampa Bay area and aside from the local monsoons for which the area is noted receives about 8 hours of direct sun each day. The pool temperature is about 90 degrees and is used occassionally during the week and moderately on the weekends. The pump runs 10 hours a day and keeps the water very clear. The SWG is outputing at 35% with Nacl level at 2700. This seems adequate to maintain the FC level at 3. I do see a rise in FC occassionally and have attributed it to the SWG cell ouput and need to settle in on a setting. My only issues so far has been maintaining the correct pH level. This is normal from what I have gathered from the forum.

My question is: Do I stay with pebbles recomendations or is there some other wisdom that can be supplied from the forum?

Pebble's recommendation:
Cl 1.5-3.0
pH 7.2-7.6
CYA 30-50
TA 80-100
CH 200-250

Have you checked out Pool Calculator?

If you plug in your numbers, your surface, and that you use a SWG, it will give you recommendations. I'm guessing it will say CYA is too low. But the ultimate test is: is the water clear and sparkly? Does it hold chlorine? Then enjoy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.