Where is the cheapest Place to Buy Muriatic Acid?

les_garten said:
Where is the cheapest Place to Buy Muriatic Acid?

It's $10/Gal at Pinch a Penny.

Any cheaper place?

If you buy it in Lowe's or Home Depot buy it in the Garden Center/Pool Dept. It is about $10 for 2 gal. If you go in the paint dept. it is about $7.50 for one gal. Different brand, same strength.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
kal2002 said:
Yeah, I agree with Richard320. Buy if from a pool supply place if you can. The concentration is 31.45%, much higher than those at Home Depot. You get 4 gallons for less than $16.00, that is cheaper than 2 for $10.
Home depot and lowes are the same strength as the pool supplies here. I haven't seen it in bulk at the pool supply stores here, I guess I will have to make some calls around town to see if anyone has it. you are saving over $1 a gal from what I am paying. At today's gas prices it will have to be close by to be worth it.

Thanks

I've shopped around by me and here's my rundown (Plano/Dallas, TX):
Home Depot ~$6/gal but only have 'green' muriatic acid with no strength marking on it
Lowe's ~$6/gal (they have both the 31.45% stuff and the 'green' unmarked stuff)
Leslie's Pool Supply $11.39 for 2 gallons
Riverbend/Sandler Pool Supply $18.50 for 4 gallons

I'm buying from Riverbend/Sandler now since I need a lot (new plaster). I do not really like storing/having so much on hand at the house though so hopefully when my demand drops, I'll just get it 1 gallon at a time at Lowe's.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.