High filter pressure and low jet pressure

jhever

Jul 28, 2011
Dallas, TX
My DE filter seems to be running higher pressure than normal and the jets don't have the normal force. I've tried backwashing and putting in new DE but it doesn't seem to help much. Any ideas? Filter was last cleaned in Feb. Could it just be due for a cleaning? Pump and skimmer baskets are clean.

Thanks!

Thanks! I have someone coming out Friday for a cleaning. This is all so new to me so I'm learning on the go. Hopefully that's the reason the pressure is high and the pool inst circulating well. Should I not run my filter until it has been cleaned on Friday?

jhever said:
Thanks! I have someone coming out Friday for a cleaning. This is all so new to me so I'm learning on the go. Hopefully that's the reason the pressure is high and the pool inst circulating well. Should I not run my filter until it has been cleaned on Friday?

Watch them do it and learn. It's a fairly simple process that anyone can do.

I was in the same boat as you. I watched some youtube videos and I was able to do it myself and it was my first time. I didnt want to pay 100.00 to someone when I could do it myself. How much higher is the pressure vs when it is fully clean at normal level?

Its at about 30 when its usually around 18-20. I just wanted to make sure it wouldn't hurt the pump or filter to keep running it until the guy can come out. I have an older purex triton FNS plus filter and will have to learn so I can do this myself next time. No telling what kind of shape its in inside based on the previous owner.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.