Advice on purchase parameters

Whatrymes

LifeTime Supporter
May 30, 2011
E. Bridgewater, MA
Hey:

Wondering if any one could answer or lead me to a good link to help me if I purchase a SWG. What features are important? Which are unimportant? And what should I avoid?

PS. Still can't figure out how they plug in, I have a single locking style receptacle on a post 6' from my above ground pool. No other source of power.

franke said:
You would want it to come on when your pump is running. Should be powered in parallel with your pump.
My setup is a GFCI circuit breaker then the timer/switch, still in the house, to a dedicated single lock type receptacle on a pole 6' from the AG pool. Do I need to run a new circuit? Or, install a duel receptacle? Which I question if that's to code???

Most plugin style swcg's come with either the twistlock plug or the straight blade plug. You order the one you need. On those units, they have a receptacle that the pump plugs into, and it'll match the plug.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.