need help with older pool

Aug 1, 2011
Hello all,
I was recently given a 27' Oyster Bay AGP that was originally purchased in 1997 (manufactured by a company called Home & Roam.) I've done some investigating and found out that they were bought out by Artesian and Artesian was then bought by a company in NY called Wilbar.

So here's my problems. In beginning to re-create this pool in my yard from it's previous home, I noticed that 2 of the bottom rail connector plates are broken. I think I might be able to to some fixing with epoxy and some metal flashing. Not sure how good it will work, but going to try. question is, does anyone know where to find parts for older pools, such as this one? I've been told by the dealer where it was originally purchased that all manufacturers use a slightly different style so the plates aren't inter-changeable. True or not?

Other question or request for advice...When we were taking it down, it has a stainless steel section in the pool wall that has the holes for the skimmer and the return line and also, this is where the wall is bolted together. My problem is that in removing the screws, as we got closer to ground level, the screws became REALLY rusty the farther down I got. Rather than trying to remove these, I just got a pair of metal sheers and cut the stainless steel panel. Anyone have any suggestions on this? I was going to try to get some HEAVY-DUTY Stainless flashing and "sandwich" the wall between 2 pieces and then bolt the whole thing back together. Will this hold?

Thx for the advice and I hope someone can help! I'd like to get this thing up ASAP before we lose all of our 90 degree days in northern IL.

If there is a pool store in your area that has a parts and service dept you might try taking the part in question to them and see if they can find a match for it. The wall patch should hold, or you can try to order another stainless steel panel.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.