Hayward H400IDL2 Gas Heater won't Ignite

Aug 1, 2011
Manteca Ca.
I have a Hayward H400IDL2 natural gas heater that is approximately 5 years old that will not ignite. When I tried to start it for the first time this season it wouldn't start at all it kept on blowing fuses. I figured out the transformer was bad replaced the transformer and the fuses, tried to start it up and the blower was bad, changed the blower and it still didnt fire. Had a service guy come out he replaced the vacuum pressure switch and it still didnt fire and he gave up! so I trouble shot it again and wound up bypassing the vent pressure switch (I know it isnt safe but i was getting irritated ), Tried to start it and it worked, but only for about 4 hrs. Then I cleaned the burner tubes and replaced the ignitor, and it wouldnt fire at all, I dont think it is getting gas now! That is where I stand with this wonderful heater! Is it possible the gas valve is no good? In the manual it is says to check the valve for a short, so I checked the terminals on the front of the valve and it isnt shorted. Does anyone have any insight on this problem, any kind of advice, ideas are greatly appreciated!!
Thank you in advance!
Mitty1964

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.