Ladder Cup Part - Please Help Identify

mickey4paws

Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 10, 2009
S.E. MI
I just got a new ladder. We have holes in the cement deck with aluminum ladder cups. When we installed the new ladder, it didn't feel like it was seating properly. So I felt something loose in the cup and pulled out this metal thing that has a hole in it for what I am assuming is the bolt that goes in the deck.

Can someone please help me identify that this is what it is.

Also, the ladder has quite a bit of wobble and I can't find the bolts for the cups. Do these bolts secure the ladder? I don't see how they could though.

I got a Saftron plastic ladder and I know they sell the plastic cups for them. I wonder if I were to insert a plastic cup into the aluminum cup, if that would secure the ladder better but not sure it would fit right.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much, Scott. Do you know exactly where the wedge goes? Does it just line up where the bolt hole is in the cement? I only found this one and when I felt around the other cup, I didn't feel anything so maybe that one is still in place. So if I get these in place and get the bolts, do you think this will make the ladder less wobbly. The rails wobble left and right.

Do a search on Swimming Pool Cup Anchor, and you will get a better idea on how it goes into the anchor.
It should stop the ladder from wobbling, IF the anchor is still sitting securely in the cement. If the anchor wobbling in the cement, then it will continue to wobble.

Thanks so much for the reply, Sean. The anchors are secure in the deck. I have ordered the bolts and I think they also come with the wedge part from my local pool store. I'm trying to find instructions to figure out exactly where and how the wedge goes but not having any luck yet. In fact, after reading, I am more confused than ever :(

The wedge goes inside the ladder socket. Thread the bolt loosely so the wedge sits near it's bottom. reinsert the ladder and tighten the bolts. The wedge will rise as the bolt is turned. The skinny edge of the wedge will meet it's sloped wall, pressing it against the ladder in the cup.

Scott

Thanks a lot for the help, guys. Got the parts today. Can't believe how ridiculously obvious it was where the wedges went! Tightened the ladder right up. I really like this Saftron ladder. My only complaint is that the top step is out of the water (good for collecting bugs, I guess). I had some mud in the cups which I removed, but I'll probably try to do a better job and then maybe the rails will go in a little deeper. Anyway, thanks again, I really appreciate it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.