21 ft pool...help me choose a pump sand filter combo.

gdog2004

Jul 19, 2011
Lehigh Valley, PA
21 foot pool. Is 1hp 2 speed pump enough on half speed to just run and use the 1hp for cleaning ?
Was looking at this heyward pump SP15922S (1HP 2 speed) or this SP15932S(1.5 HP 2 speed).
to combine with one of thesethe S180T(18 inch) or the S210T (21 inch)
If anyone can help Id appreciate it.

I have that size of pool and that exact pump (1 hp 2 speed that is). Works great for me, I generally only run it on high when running my roof mounted solar panels or when I am running my vacuum (which I do not do often). Besides that, I run on the slower speed 24/7. The 1.5 hp is oversized in my opinion, so not a good idea for you pool.My filter is a 20 inch meteor which I think is rated for 45 gpm (I will have to look). For filter, definitely go with the 21 inch (at least over the 18 inch). Pentair makes a 3/4 hp 2 speed pump that I almost bought, and would have been a good fit for this size pool.

Bama Rambler said:
Just echoing what Dman said. The 1 hp pump and a 24" filter is a good match.
Thanks so much for the answers. I was looking at this filter...24" --there seems to be some wildy varied prices from 24" filter to filter...will this one get the job done ? Is there something cheaper that willl be equally effective ?
http://www.poolsupplyworld.com/poolsupp ... /S244T.htm

Id like to order from amazon if possible(I have prime) because they ship REALLY fast.

Bama Rambler said:
The S244T is a great filter. Any of them in the 24-26" range that holds about 250#'s of sand will do.
thanks I will order that on then from pool supply world. They are cheaper than amazon.
I have the Wilbar Oyster Bay 21 AGP--steel with res caps. I did not get a skimmer with it...are all wide mouth skimmers the same size ?
I was looking at this one...
http://www.amazon.com/Hydro-Tools-8939G ... 361&sr=8-2
Pelican pools wanted 150.00 for a skimmer. Sounded like a rip so I passed

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have the S220T (22" 250lb) on a 24ft pool if you are looking to save a few bucks, is more than adequate for a 21' pool. As far as a base is concerned for my filter and pump, I just used a 36x36" PVC ac condenser pad found at your local hvac/plumbing supply store :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.