New Construction in Mckiney TX

Jun 16, 2011
We were supposed to start digging today, but for some reason they could not get the machines here. Not inspiring much confidence. The lead walked me through a couple of things and I wanted to make sure this is normal. He said that we would need to help brush in the acid and water the gunite. I had never heard this from the sales person. Is this normal or are they trying to save the cost of having a guy come out.

My builder (Southernwind, in McKinney) did water the gunite for me, but said that if I wanted to supplement, I could and in fact should to give it a better cure. I remember the project manager saying "you can't water it too much."

As for acid? No idea. That came after plaster in my case.

Watering gunite is normal. You want to do that and since it's really hot in most places right now you would probably want to make sure someone is home so you can do it a few times a day... or more.

Not too sure on the Acid part. I think that acid washing is done after the pool finish is applied and cures for a day or two. Maybe they don't want to return for that part of the job? It wouldn't be any fun at all and I wouldn't want any part of the acid washing process. It should get baked into the price you're paying for finish.

Started two days late but here we go with escavation...

DSC02973.jpg

DSC02970.jpg

DSC02992.jpg

DSC02986.jpg

DSC02997.jpg

fyton2v said:
Watering gunite is normal. You want to do that and since it's really hot in most places right now you would probably want to make sure someone is home so you can do it a few times a day... or more.

Not too sure on the Acid part. I think that acid washing is done after the pool finish is applied and cures for a day or two. Maybe they don't want to return for that part of the job? It wouldn't be any fun at all and I wouldn't want any part of the acid washing process. It should get baked into the price you're paying for finish.

I pushed back on the plaster piece and the sales person said he would take care of it persoanlly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.