Water Test

Jan 14, 2008
Indiana
Do I have to take my water in to get professional tested or can a at home kit do as well? if so what kit do u reccommend? Pool is closed for winter but wanting to get things ready for spring. New Home new pool, fyi
Frankjr8

You will actually get better, more accurate results testing the water yourself with a test kit like the one sold at www.tftestkits.com and you'll have online support from the seller, Dave (duraleigh), right here on the forum, as well as many, many others of us here who use the kit.

I test water for a living and I agree with everything that ktdave said! Just to be fair and unbiased the other good test kit that is recommended for home use is the Taylor K-2006 (NOT the K-2005). The TFTestkit 100 uses the same Taylor reagents as the K-2006 for the most part. It does not include 2 tests that are in the K-2006 (acid and base demand, which are not really needed) but does included a wider range pH test and a daily OTO chlorine test (both Taylor) and included a wider range CYA test (also Taylor) It also includes more of certain reagents that are used up quickly as compared to the amounts provided in the K-2006. All in all I would have to say the TFTestkit 100 is a better bang for your buck!

Attachments

• Pool Plan.pdf
    302.6 KB · Views: 2
Hi, Frank,

Welcome to the forum.

I unbiasedly agree with KTDave and Waterbear!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Seriously, whether it's the TF-100 or the K-2006, having your own test kit is probably the best money you'll spend on your pool.

You'll get tons of good pool info here. Pool repairs, water chemistry.......it's a great forum.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.