Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Water Test

1. Back To Top    #1

Water Test

Do I have to take my water in to get professional tested or can a at home kit do as well? if so what kit do u reccommend? Pool is closed for winter but wanting to get things ready for spring. New Home new pool, fyi
    Frankjr8
    20x40 30,000 gal IG Liner, Pentair II Sand, Kreepy
    Helpful Links: TF Test Kits; Pool School; Chlorine/CYA Chart; The Pool Calculator
    Wooooo Pig Sooooieee ... Razorbacks

2. Back To Top    #2
    You will actually get better, more accurate results testing the water yourself with a test kit like the one sold at www.tftestkits.com and you'll have online support from the seller, Dave (duraleigh), right here on the forum, as well as many, many others of us here who use the kit.
    11,000 gal. gunite w/midnight blue and white pearl PebbleTec
    Intelliflo 4x160 pump
    Intellichlor IC-20 SWG
    Pentair cartridge filter 420 sq. ft.
    Mastertemp 400K BTU heater
    Legend Platinum cleaner
    Pool School
    JasonLion's Pool Calculator
    TF Test Kits

3. Back To Top    #3
    I test water for a living and I agree with everything that ktdave said! Just to be fair and unbiased the other good test kit that is recommended for home use is the Taylor K-2006 (NOT the K-2005). The TFTestkit 100 uses the same Taylor reagents as the K-2006 for the most part. It does not include 2 tests that are in the K-2006 (acid and base demand, which are not really needed) but does included a wider range pH test and a daily OTO chlorine test (both Taylor) and included a wider range CYA test (also Taylor) It also includes more of certain reagents that are used up quickly as compared to the amounts provided in the K-2006. All in all I would have to say the TFTestkit 100 is a better bang for your buck!
    Attached Files Attached Files

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry
    Hi, Frank,

Welcome to the forum.

I unbiasedly agree with KTDave and Waterbear!!

Seriously, whether it's the TF-100 or the K-2006, having your own test kit is probably the best money you'll spend on your pool.

You'll get tons of good pool info here. Pool repairs, water chemistry.......it's a great forum.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks going to order one soon!!!!!!!!!
    Frankjr8
    20x40 30,000 gal IG Liner, Pentair II Sand, Kreepy
    Helpful Links: TF Test Kits; Pool School; Chlorine/CYA Chart; The Pool Calculator
    Wooooo Pig Sooooieee ... Razorbacks