How long can a filter cartridge be cleaned for?

nabril15

Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
May 22, 2011
Miami, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
Hello
I read somewhere that I can simply hose off my Sta-rite Posi Flo filter cartridge and re-use it. I've done that a few times using a lot of pressure, and the crud that comes out is amazing. Wow. I leave it looking fairly white.

Those cartridges are quite expensive so being able to re-use is certainly a benefit. But, I ask how long or how many times can I keep doing that?

Thanks

What I do is buy one new cartridge per year (since they are so expensive). I note the date on each one. This way, it spreads the cost out over 4 years and I get the benefit of 25% pristine cartridges every year. My filter is oversized for my pool, so I could probably skip a year here or there in the future and still be fine with proper cleaning. Also, I keep the newest OLD cartridge around just in case I get a rip or need a quick replacement.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.