Good Spa cleaning to go with PoolCleaner

shufen

Oct 30, 2010
I purchased the PoolCleaner (based on prior posted discussions) for my plaster pool and it works wonderfully. However, I have lots of dirt in the Spa. The hose for PoolCleaner is long enough to go to the Spa. I would appeciate any recommendation of a good spa cleaner that may work with the PoolCleaner hose or an independent cleaner to clean just the spa.

is this spa attached to your pool and an overflow type? if it is, probably the easiest way is just to drain it into your pool, clean any gunk and let it fill back up. you can use a wetdry vac if you have one to suck the gunk out. I have a pool buster that I figured would be good for my steps and spa, but honestly, its easier to just drain the thing.

We have the same setup, but use an Baracuda MX8 vacuum side cleaner for the main pool. The pool looks great, but every once in a while, the spa will get some junk. Leaves are not a problem as I always keep the settings such that the spa overflows into the pool (except in spa mode). This overflow carries the leaves into the pool, where the skimmer and MX8 eliminate. To clean the spa, I (or my pool guy) will use a standard pool vacuum to clean it up. This is also good for the pool steps where the MX8 doesn't typically reach.

shufen said:
The spa overflows to the pool. I am not sure how to drain the spa and clean the spa (with what?). I thought it would be easier for me to vaccum the dirt with a vacuum.

if it connects, then you would set the output to go only to the pool and set the suction to come from the drain in the spa, that willl drain it fairly quickly, whatever gun is on the bottom, most of it will probably get sucked down the drain and you can also use a broom to move it towards the drain.

if you have one of those old school manual suction vacs, you could probably use that too. I don't have one of those and the solutions with bags just tend to spread the dirt around.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.