VINYL LEAK NEAR STAIR FLANGE

Jul 31, 2011
I have a leak in a vinyl liner in a very difficult place. Under my stairs.. below the bottom flange, the liner has pulled or torn loose. It has exposed a patch of the underlying bottom stair wall about 1/2 in x 2 in. A couple of old screw holes are visible. It is leaking. Is there a way to fix? It is about 5 years old and in otherwise ok condition.

Thanks for any help/advice you can give.

Welcome to TFP!!

You can try a patch. What you want to do is unscrew the faceplate in the affected area. Patch the holes below the faceplate but leave enough unglued patch to slide under the faceplate. Reinstall the screws, with the extra patch material between the faceplate and gasket, and you should be good to go.

If you have questions about what what I suggested - ask and I'll go into more detail.

Can you elaborate on loosening the face plate? I know what that means but am nervous about doing it. Might something movve out of place that I don't want?.. like some more of the vinyl adjacent to the "hole"?

Thanks for the reply...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.