New Pool- TFP Test Kit Results- Help

Aug 19, 2010
Northeast Ohio
Our pool is finally complete! Still have about 2-3 weeks of paver, firepit and fence install. Will post pics soon.

Here are the results using TFP Test Kit. This is my first time testing, so hopefully these are correct.

PH- 7.8
FC- .5
CC- .5
TA- 80
CH- 250?
CYA- 0, but I used a test strip from pool builder and it showed 30 range?
Salt- 2800, but Prologic display said 3000

The pool calculator states I should add 62 oz of 6% bleach to get to target of 2 FC level, add 16 oz of muratic acid to bring down PH. Thoughts?

What about CYA? Should I add the recommended levels of 277 oz of liquid or 107 oz by weight? Or should I wait until FC is at approprate level?

What kind of CYA and where should I get it? Not sure if the PB put any in.

Please advise- thanks!

What type of chlorine did you add to the water? IF you've only added bleach, then your cya should be zero, you have to add it, or it comes from using pucks. If your not sure if the PB added any, is there any way you can ask? If not, I would go have it tested at the pool store, just to get a ballpark, it probably won't be accurate anyway. Have you ordered a good test kit? I love the TF-100 test kit. It performs every test you need. It is worth every penny and my reagents lasted a season and a half before I had to order some refills. I just by cya from lowe's or walmart or wherever I am at the time.

Sorry, I missed the part where to said you tested with Tf-100 :oops: Lot's of distractions here today. Trust your results and use the pool calculater to make any adjustments. I know nothing about a SWG pool, so I'll let the experts chime in. Have a good day!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.