DIY 18x36 Vinyl Liner

deer hunter

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 11, 2010
Central Illinois
O.K. It is time I posted some pics. We started on 07/05 and had water in it on 07/12. On 07/15 we poured the patio. I paid a grade school buddy to finish the concrete and pool krete. Other wise some good buddies and i did the rest. These pics are the first day.

Attachments

• 149 (Copy).JPG
    149 (Copy).JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 320
  • 154 (Copy).JPG
    154 (Copy).JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 319
I have to take some more of the finished product. I finished the fence the other day. If anybody would like detailed pics of a certain part let me know. Thanks to all the help and info on this site the build went great except the heat we had to deal with, that was by far the worst.

Attachments

• 196 (Copy).JPG
    196 (Copy).JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 314
  • 197 (Copy).JPG
    197 (Copy).JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 314
Awesomely fast, and very nicely done! Many professionals could not have done that so quickly. This must not have been your first??
Permitting, inspections, weather, equipment, (and learning curve) must have all been lined up in perfect harmony.
Way to go, Nice Job :goodjob:
I especially like the flat bottom, was that a special order?
Would you care to share your costs?

Thanks,
John

Thanks, I have been reading how to do this for over a year. This is my first pool build. I had a good network of friends that also put in long days to help me. The neighbor across the street is having a pool put in. His builder came over and told me he would have charged me $40,000 for my pool/patio. I did it all including the fence for under half that. I had a dig plan and then ordered the liner for the plan.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The depth is 54" . I didn't put in main drains because of the shallow depth, didn't want people stubbing toes or walking on them. Also just a personal choice on it. There are pros/cons to them. I went with the 2' radius corners because I was told it was easier to set the liner/keep it in track. It was easy on both. Thanks Waste.

I think the main drains are somewhat overrated too, especially in a shallow pool. Our skimmers and MX-8 seem to do all the cleaning. I wish we'd had recessed our drains more because they are a toe stubber. :grrrr: Ours are Watercos, about 1 1/2" high. I wonder if there are less obtrusive but still safe and legal covers?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.