Pump question for an AGP Intex 18'

Aug 3, 2008
I want to redo the plumbing on my pool because it drives me nuts that none of the hoses are a standard size and parts are hard to come by in my neck of the woods. So my question is, would it be possible to use a sump pump as the pool pump. I would filter in a separate chamber before the water passed through the pump. I thought I would ask here before spending time and money for something that was doomed from the start.

Thanks

Maura

A sump pump is probably not going to provide good circulation. They're designed to move a lot of water but under low head conditions. You're better off looking at some of the Intex threads and what people have done with them.

Sump pumps typically have oil filled/encased motors. If/when the seal goes, it will then fill your pool with oil. Happened to one member here this summer already (sump pump on a home made solar coil). If you ever were to want to use one (solar coil perhaps) make sure the motor is not oil filled.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.