low flow mystery

Jul 31, 2011
I am having trouble keeping a prime flow through my pool filter. Half the time I have to bump the filter when starting, or sometimes I can just turn it on and i have great flow. After it runs for about an hour the flow reduces and the water level in the pump bucket goes down to about 3/4, and the gauge reads good at about 22 psi. I have checked out some of the obvious probable causes....water level to the skimmer, blockedges, places where the filter may be pulling in air. I cant find anything. The filter and the pump motor are brand new, so im assuming they are working properly. I have a hayward D.E. filter.

Hoping someone can help

Thanks

Welcome to TFP! How does your water look, clear or cloudy? Have you tried cleaning and recharging the filter? If this is your first DE filter, you may be surprised at how much stuff the filter catches in a short amount of time, especially if you have any algae at all. Could you please post some info about your pool, pump size, filter size, pool size in gallons/liters, pool surface, and a complete set of current test results? This will help us troubleshoot what is happening with your pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.