Get it to the Gunite ASAP!!!

Nightmare

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 21, 2011
Riverside, CA
When we were working on my pool the PB told me about another customer that ran out of money right after they finished the Rebar. The pool sat at that stage for something like 9 months. Now after all the rain everything is ruined. All the trenches collapsed into the pool, all the rebar is rusted / bent and now the entire backyard is unstable. It is going to cost him 2x the amount to fix the damage.

Dig to Gunite on my pool was 11 days, it could have been done in 7 or less. We had 3 dead days in my schedule or it would have been like this:

Day1 Demo and Dig
Day2 Dig
Day3 Rebar
Day4 Trenching and Plumbing
Day5 Plumbing
Day6 Inspections - Rebar, Plumbing, Etc
Day7 Gunite

I live in SoCal and the weather was nice the whole time, so we never had to worry about rain.

If there is ANY chance of a big rainstorm during your construction get that gunite up.

There are a couple builds in progress right now that are having problems with the rain.

new-build-in-red-stick-t31828.html

new-build-in-se-texas-t34636.html

We dug mine in the winter and after excavation gunite was done approx 1 week later. No rain but I had ground water issues that cause some colapses. Fortunately the rain waited until after the gunite was done, and then we got more than 10" in one month.

It took me about 5 months between dig and shotcrete. I also was in SoCal so I was not worried about rain. I was worried about rust however got the shotcrete done before it became an inspection issue. I agree with Nightmare, don't dig or do any major steel work without at lease funds in hand to get through shotcrete. After that you can take your time - to give you an idea I dug in June 2010, shot the crete in Nov 2010 and this Saturday I plaster and fill.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.