Jul 22, 2010
Calvert County, Maryland
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Autopilot Digital PPC1 (RC-35)
I have been looking at a wide varierty trying to find the "right" one for me.

I have a 16' Intex Ultra Frame with a 5000gph pump

I was looking at the Broom styles but prefer something more automatic.
So I looked at the Aquabug but am thinking I'd like an independant setup.
The Pool Rover Jr looks good but will it get the pollen and sand up?

We are surrounded by trees and need something to keep up on the pollen.

Thoughts on any of the above or ANY others, Under $300 please.

I don't have no experience but have heard that the Pool Rover Jr. doesn't work well on any Intex because of the way the transition from the floor to the walls are curved that they hang up when trying to turn around. The Aqua bug works well though i have heard.

I have a 24x12 oval AGP and it came with a cleaner that hooks up to skimmer. I found it just didn't cover the bottom well enough to be worth the hassle and you have to get in the pool to set it up and take it down. I just hand vacuum once a week and it's faster and far better.

I've had the Aquabug, aka "Aquacritter, Diver Dave, Wanda the Whale", for 10 plus years now in my 24' agp, & absolutely love it & have nothing negative to say, other than it'll get caught under the ladder once in a while. I haven't tried anything else, but for the money, they're a good value in my opinion.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.