AGP install...bumpy liner, should I drain and reset???

timdog

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 18, 2011
The short of my question is I have an installer doing my 30' resin install. When starting to fill I mentioned the big footprints, and now at over half full I have craters and some creases. The main guy is willing to drain and reset the liner, but he hasn't ever had to do it.
Our plan (I am now an active piece since I don't want the original chuckleheads doing anything) is to drain and lift all of the liner over the part where the skimmer and return are already cut and set; carefully smooth out the sand and reset the liner. Does this sound viable? Will this be more of a hassle or create more of a problem than living with wrinkles and craters?
Thanks
Tim

I think sand just does the dippy thing. we have the "happy bottom" on top of sand and there are still dips on the bottom with more popping up now and again. In my opinion, I think it would be more of a pain than it would be helpful resetting the liner, but that's just me.

Water was in for less than one day. I drained some out so the liner doesn't completely set (bout knee high now). My concern is the skimmer and return connections, I would have to unhook one to be effective in getting the air out. I may drain a bit more to see if I can remove the worst of the wrinkles and reshape the cove where it it humps up and then dips back toward the wall. Any ideas on any good methods?
Thanks, I do appreciate the assistance.
Tim

A few wrinkles here and there are sometimes nice because the lee side tends to catch dirt and it's easy to find it and vacuum up.

On the other hand, footprint sized craters won't be so easy to vacuum over properly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.