Think I finally killed off the algae

stev32k

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2009
Mobile, Alabama
After eight days, 65 gallons of 6% bleach, $50 worth of testing chemicals, new filter internals, new multiport valve, and sand I think I finally killed off all the algae. I've had two days of 0 over night chlorine loss and no CC. The water is beginning to clear up and look more like a swimming pool again. It's not crystal clear yet but it is improving. I added 3 cups of DE to help out (the pressure did not go up at all).

What I don't understand is why I had the problem. The pool has been crystal clear for two years and I keep a close check on the chemical levels. There was one incident about a year ago when I was out of town and the wife didn't add chlorine for a couple of days and the water clouded up. The problem was quickly taken care with just one extra jug of chlorine. Other than that I don't believe any of the chemical parameters have been out of range for even one day.

I've beginning to think that I should be shocking the pool on some routine basis - maybe once a month for 24 hours.

Without a lot more context information there is no way to even guess. It would help if you post this in one of your existing topics, where we could see some of what has gone before. At the very minimum we need water test results to make even a rough guess.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.