What equipment is better Jandy or Hayward?

In a nutshell, NO. Both have excellent equipment (with a few bad/ poorly designed units for both)

If the reason you are asking is because your pool builder is pushing 1 over the other - go with what your PB is most familiar with (in my case it would be Hayward). I can tell you from experience that you will get quicker and less expensive service from a pool co that stocks the parts for your unit (s) 8)

WELCOME to TFP!!! You'll find that there is a great group of people here who are knowledgeable and will help with any question you may have for your pool!

We got a 3 year warranty on all of our Pentair since that was the builders preffered company, and only 1 year on the Polaris cleaner we went with. It would have been 3 had we gone with the Pentair cleaner too.

Extending the warranty is a big incentive to stick with their brand. Make sure you ask!

Oh....and Welcome to TFP!

jegaines, you may want to run the proposals by the folks here (in another thread) for their inspection/ analysis -- there are some really smart folks here who really know the flow rates vs. plumbing vs. filter and pump size. You are very lucky to have this resource before signing a contract!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -- make the best use of it to get a pool & filter system which will allow you to have a "Trouble Free Pool" . :-D

andy said:
I don't use either but you will find it much easier to find Hayward equipment/parts in the futrue.
I have to disagree with this. It really depends on the distributors in your area. Where I live both are readily available.

waterbear said:
andy said:
I don't use either but you will find it much easier to find Hayward equipment/parts in the futrue.
I have to disagree with this. It really depends on the distributors in your area. Where I live both are readily available.

Distributors do carry most everything for both but as a homeowner you most likely can't buy from a distributor and have only the local retail pool stores....which most everywere i've seen seem to stock hayward

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The stores around me carry Jandy parts. Pool stores can be very variable, some will carry some things and not others for no particular reason. If you have any problems locating something it is very simple to go to the Internet and locate Jandy parts, or just about any other kind of replacement part.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.