Pool Chiller comments?

Jun 25, 2009
Loogootee, IN
With the last 3 weeks or so of 90+ degree heat I find my pool not being used and the wife and kids going to the local public pool, sometimes driving a little further and retreating in a local beach.

I have rigged up fountains, bought fountains. Bought paint, and the outside of our pool is now white instead of dark blue, tried running the filter from midnight to 7am. I have even bought a canopy tent to where the sun is only on the pool maybe 2-3hrs a day instead of 11-12hrs a day. I have even been stupid/crazy and drained then refilled the pool 3 times this summer only to have the water in the high 80's to low 90's 2-3 days later. We are NOT cold natured and find no relief in a pool that is over 80 degrees during the summer. To us, it is like taking a bath. Thus causing myself to rethink our large pool purchase for next spring.

I ran across a pool chiller website and was wondering if anyone has one of these and what their thoughts are.

Should I spend $1700 for one or just save my money and cancel the pool order and spend our $5-6k towards season passes to the public pool and lake each year?

http://www.inyopools.com/pool_chiller.aspx

you run the pump thru the heating channels at night so it loses heat and returns water that is colder than the pool.

Usually one runs water thru the heating channels during the day as the sun heats up the black heating channels, thus returning warm water to the pool. Running at night does the opposite, or so I've read other say anyways.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.