Can you clear my confusion please?

Jul 28, 2011
I've been reviewing threads on this board for awhile and have some questions....

I have an intex 16' pool with the 2100GPH sand filter... i have the 'hang over the edge' skimmer and the single return. it seems i get little water flow on the bottom of the pool no matter how i point the return.

i am going to put in a water fountain to cool off the water some, and consider making another return for the bottom. is the single skimmer enough? the skimmer obviously catches the garbage on the top of the water. what about the floor of the pool? only vacuuming will catch that?

thanks,
mitch...

We use a second pump/filter with a bat weight on the end (w/blue strainer screen) of the suction line that is hung over the edge of the pool. Not ideal, but it makes us feel better and the water flow is fabulous. Takes a leaf about 50 seconds to make the full circle.

I will be installing an Intex sand filter soon and I'm not sure if I'll stick it on this bottom suction, or on the skimmer. Either way the bottom suction filter/pump setup will remain. I like knowing the bottom is being circulated as well as the surface.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.