Problems with pool filter

Jul 28, 2011
Hi, I'm Lisa.
New pool owner. We bought a summer escapes pool from walmart. The pump is terrible. We can't keep the pool clean so we bought a crystal clear sand filter pump. It is suppose to fit on our pool. However it doesn't fit. I'm not sure how to make this work. Is there anyone out there that has had this problem and knows how to fix? I'm desperate and really to pack up the pool. We haven't been able to use it all summer and I would like to come to a solution so that we can enjoy our new pool. HELP PLEASE!

Welcome to TFP, Lisa!

It might help to post some pictures of the fittings you have so people that aren't familiar with that particular brand can help you out.

Summer Escape hoses are larger than Intex for similar sized equipment. Incidentally, Intex hoses actually fit inside Summer Escapes, but they aren't air-tight.

You will have to adapt the ports in the pool side in some way. I don't know the fittings to do so, we use the stuff it inside method because it's on the return side. The inner tube over the connection helps... a little. It doesn't leak, but it's not under much pressure either.

Try searching "summer escapes" and "intex" in the search box at the bottom left (google). Your answer might be in someone else's similar question from the past.