What else do I need?

Robl

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 19, 2011
CT
I'm getting my permit approved this week for the pool so it's time to order. What am I missing?
Sharkline Matrix 15x30x54
beaded liner
Hayward EC 50 DE filter
Hayward 1hp 2 speed pump
TF100 test kit - ordered this morning.
Pool Rover Jr
Clear 12mil solar cover
pool ladder/steps w/ gate (needed for zoning) - Main Access Easy Entry Steps w/ ladder system 36"
4'x15' winter pillow
winter cover - need ideas for this. I'm building a deck around the pool. Not sure if it will be this year or next. I like the look of the deck under the top rail but what do you do for a cover then? One dealer said to put the deck 1/4" away from the edge so the cover will slip through.
Other than DE, BBB and water am I missing anything?

Also looking for a heat pump. Talking to poolheatpumps.com but also looking for a used one on craigslist if I can save a couple grand.

Thanks,
Rob

A timer for the pump would be useful, as well as a pole with a brush and skimmer net.

I'd skip the used heater. They are subject to serious damage when water chemistry isn't maintained properly.

JohnT said:
A timer for the pump would be useful, as well as a pole with a brush and skimmer net.

I'd skip the used heater. They are subject to serious damage when water chemistry isn't maintained properly.

Good to know! Glad I asked. If I could get one for $500 I might chance it. I found one that was from 2007 that was purchased for $4k. She wants $3k for it. Seems a bit crazy when I get a new one for that price.

I have a timer already that I forgot about. Just need the pole and skimmer.

How is it with the deck close to the edge? I have little kids and don't want them stubbing their little toes.

If I did put the deck right under the top edge what kind of cover do you do? An in-ground one with connectors on the deck?

My daughter also wanted to know if she can ice skate on it? If not why? Wasn't sure how to explain that one :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.