What does thing mean, please see pics

Jul 27, 2011
I am sorry for asking beginners question, but please bear with me, I just moved in last weekend, and there are so many things going on, so I am looking for a quick help, I am attaching pics of my pool pump, please explain me what does each things means, really appreciate it.

Attachments

• IMG_3961.jpg
    IMG_3961.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_3968.jpg
    IMG_3968.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_3969.jpg
    IMG_3969.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 146
Quick Skim appears to be a venturi based skimming system. Returning water is sent to the skimmer for a somewhat faster skimming action.

Aerator is a return that breaks the pool surface, reduces the alkalinity level and results in the pH rising.

Cleaning System is part of Paramount Floor cleaning system. This houses a return water turbine driving a gear box operated set of valves inside it that sends water to different sets of pop up floor jets that direct water along the floor and any debris there towards the bottom drain for collection in the Leaf Vac's basket.

Main Drain is at the bottom, typically in the deepest section.

Skimmer is the rectangular opening at the water line to suck in debris that hasn't broken the surface tension of the water in the pool.

You have a Hayward Northstar series pump and a Hayward cartridge filter though it appears to have been rebranded, probably from Leslie's Pools.

Scott

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.