First time home buyer, pool help needed

Jul 27, 2011
I bought a house last week, I am a first time home buyer, and I am having tough time figuring out how these things work.

I see some stains at the surface of the pool, I don't know how to get rid of it, I tried using a brush, but without any success, I am attaching pictures.

Please help

Attachments

• IMG_3956.jpg
    IMG_3956.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_3957.jpg
    IMG_3957.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_3958.jpg
    IMG_3958.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 45
That's Calcium scale. You're not alone. There are more pictures, including some of mine, here: help-with-two-different-plaster-issues-stains-t36205.html

I keep my pH below 7.6 all the time, and TA about 50-60, which with my CH, keeps the Calcium Saturation Index in the negatives. I've dissolved most of the scale from the spa and the steps so far, as they're easiest to brush. The rest is about 50% gone. Another year and it should be clear.

Unless it's rough and scrapes skin off, it's just unsightly. If you want to be rid of it fast, hire a pool company to drain the pool then acid wash or sandblast.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.