High presure low suction

dkoop

Jul 3, 2011
I am having a problem with suction and cannot figure out what it is. The Pool is located about 15-20 feet above the pump and equipment. The presure on the Filter is reading 25. I cleaned the filter not to long ago and can't figure out why the suction has fallen off.

Any ideas?

Welcome to TFP!

If that 25psi is higher than normal for your setup, you might need a new cartridge or your grids may need cleaning, depending on what kind of filter you have. How is the flow from the returns?

With higher resistance to flow, you are going to see reduced intake.

Well i looked at it again today and made soem adjustments to the valvues and that seemed to clear up the issue by transfering more suction to the vac than the skimmer.

This is a new pool for me and I guess due to the configuration, 20-25 PSI is normal for that filter?

dkoop said:
This is a new pool for me and I guess due to the configuration, 20-25 PSI is normal for that filter?
With the pump and filter being 15 to 20 feet below the pool, the filter pressure will be about 6 to 10 psi higher than a normal setup with the pump and filter at ground level. 20 to 25 psi might be within the acceptable range for your system.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.