I have a leak but can't figure out where...

Jul 26, 2011
First post so please excuse anything I do wrong!! :)

Pool is losing water. In-Ground, concrete pool with tiling. It has one line from the skimmer and flow to the pump seems to be great from visual confirmation. Two jets that both provide high pressure flow to the shallow and deep ends. If I had a leak in any of these lines wouldn't it be noticeable? Pool does not lose water when pump isn't running.

I was thinking of capping each jet line at one time and then running the pump to see if I could isolate one of those lines as the problem if indeed there is a leak there. I don't believe there is an option in the plumbing to isolate the lines from the filter so would capping one line be an effective method of solving the leak problem?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Flo

Tell us more about your equipment (pump, filter, etc).
If you have a filter with a backwash valve is there water leaking out the backwash line when in filter mode?
If your plumbing runs individually back to the pad you can isolate them one at a time and that would tell you which is leaking.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.