Pics Finished Intex ultraframe rectangular 18x9 with deck

May 31, 2011
Thought I'd share a few pics of our little pool & the deck (mini-deck? landing?) Next year we plan to deck over the existing patio and have a much bigger area around the pool. My husband insisted the entire landing could not be level with the top frame of the pool b/c the deck blocks he used specified only to hold up to 30". That's really the one thing that bugs me!

I still can't figure out how to landscape around the pool though because the braces stick out a couple of feet. There aren't many pictures online of the rectangular Intex pool, other than stock photos!

213.jpg

217.jpg

218.jpg

Re: Pics Finished Intex ultraframe rectangular 18x9 with dec

a few more...

daughter's idea to repurpose the old swingset rock climbing wall into a bridge from the patio...
188.jpg

215.jpg

219.jpg

221.jpg

this is not a pool shot but gives you an idea of just how small/slanted our yard is!
222.jpg

That looks great! Looks like you planned the patio with the pool in mind. How did you like working with those foundation blocks/piers. I also plan on using them on my deck to be built.

Amazing job! I am wanting to do the same thing you did, setting up the pool off an existing patio and building a small deck to connect the two, but I'll probably go with the 16' X 32' Rectangle instead. Your setup looks so nice. If you're looking with something to go around the pool, I suggest synthetic mulch. It's made of rubber so it wouldn't hurt the pool liner but it looks nice and has many color options.

I saw your picture of your pool deck. I have the same pool and would like to build a similar deck. Did you have building plans that you purchased?

Here's how we dealt with landscaping.... :) all said and done (without the deck) it was about $600 for the stone, timbers and a couple of guys for a day.

Attachments

• pool.jpg
    pool.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 1,049

We finally finished our side deck for our intex 12 x 24 this past weekend
The deck almost cost as much as the pool, of course I got the pool at pre season sale.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.