Plumbing pump to cartridge filter help

Sep 14, 2010
Hi. I just purchased a jandy cl 580 filter to replace my Hayward s220t sand filter which I thought was just too small. I have a sta-rite 1 HP dura-glas pump.

My question is how to plumb the pump to the inlet of the cartridge filter. The inlet is only 10" off the ground whereas the pump exit with an elbow would have to be at least 16" high.
Would you advise to raise the filter ~6" off the pad with some pavers or bricks or plumb it by adding 2 extra 90 degree elbows. Connections will be 2" PVC.

36k in ground pool
1hp sta-rite pump
Jandy CL580 cartridge filter
Most plumbing 1 1/2" PVC

____
Thanks, I might try to use 2 45 deg fittings instead of 2 90's. __/ |
Seems like a poor design decision by Jandy to make the inlet so low as I don't think there are any pumps out there with an outflow that low.

There are several models of horizontal discharge pumps and even one that allows you to easily change between vertical and horizontal. But I know that's not helping your situation.

It doesn't really matter if your use 45's or 90's the head loss is about the same.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.