buying a house

Jul 26, 2011
I am in the process of buying a distressed property. It has a 18 x 48 inground pool that was deep enough to have a diving board built in 2002 - 2004. It had a vinyl liner with at least a 3ft concrete apron around it. I could not tell how the pool was constructed behind the liner. The liner is shot as it is ripped in numorous places. The pool also currently has none to little water in it. It has a sand filter and an existing pump.

I am about to go into the due deligence period of the purchase so time for inspections. My question who is the best people to call to have the pool looked at and given an idea of the condition and cost to get it up and running?

I want an idea of the cost because one of the reasons we want the house is the present of the pool but we do not want it to be a money pit when we could have bought another house and built our own pool.

Post your location so someone can recommend a pool company if possible. Your home inspector might be able to recommend a pool inspector also. Most inspectors only do a basic inspection on pool equipment and have no way to give estimates for repairs. Your agent might be able to provide a list to you. In Texas, they can't recommend a specific person or company, don't know about your state.

Repairing a pool is FAR cheaper than building a new one!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.