how is my pool.

Jun 21, 2011
I am new to the pool scene... about a month now. I have been useing the BBB method. Great site, I am learning a lot. I have a crystal clear pool. My wife seems to think it is slimy here or there. But... I read some threads of the slimy issue. So i vac'd the pool to day and tested for CC and was zero. So here is my numbers...

FC - 5.5 i added to much chlorine before testing. Filter ran about an hour before testing
CC - 0
CYA - 30
TA - 140
PH - 7.8
CH - 60

Temp about 84 deg. Should I try and lower my TA? or anything else need adjusting? Oh I am useing liquid chlorine 12.5% from pool store.

You could lower your pH with muriatic acid. You don't have to go far, use poolcalculator.com to determine what will put you at about 7.5. I wouldn't say it's necessary though. Generally though, everything looks good to me!

Why don't you tell us? You live with it.

I used to see it all the time at work at my old job.
"I want to know if my AC is working."
"Does it blow cold?"
"Yes"
"Then it's working."
:hammer:

When in doubt, more chlorine, more brushing.

I never even look at that chart in Pool School; I use Pool Calculator to check CSI, so I just use the recommendations there, and tend to maintain FC near the upper end of the range for a little insurance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.