Stains on vinyl liner

Jul 17, 2011
Canton, MI
My pool started to get some algae earlier this summer while I was out of town. I took care of the algae as soon as I could, however, it left a yellow/brownish stain on the liner around the edges (2ft wide), and a little in the middle. I also have a little scale spots on the walls because of a high ph issue I had in early July. Two weeks ago I decided to take my pool into my own hands, and bought the TF100 test kit. Everything is now balanced properly, and the pool looks great. However, is there a way to clean the floor liner without draining all of the water in the pool? The yellow/brown stain is annoying because it makes the pool look dirty, even though it's clean. I've tried scrubbing it with the pool brush, as well as rubbing it with my bare feet, but it's still stained. Also, any suggestions on how to get the scale off of the walls? Thanks for your help!

Post a set of test results and maybe we can suggest a few adjustments that would help lighten the stains and redisolve the scale. Keeping your FC on the high side of the recommended for your CYA to begin with.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.