Tiny Bubbles

Sep 12, 2010
Hi All,

My Hayward 220 Filter with a 1hp Hayward pump on a regular basis (1x-2x weekly) after running ok for a few days, shoots tiny bubbles out of both returns. I run the filter approx 6hrs daily

To cure this I backwash the filter and the bubbles go away, all runs ok for a few days then the bubbles reappear

There is usually no increase in pressure ( before then after backwash) , it always seems to run at 10psi. The waste water is very pale brown but not what I would call super dirty

This occurs if I add a 1/3 cup of DE or if I do not

Is this normal ? not sure where the problem could be.

Normal places for air to leak into the system is the skimmer or the pump basket.
Check the skimmer to make sure the weir is operating freely and the skimmer isn't creating a vortex sucking in air.
Clean and lube the pump basket o-ring and sealing surfaces.
Check the drain plug(s) and make sure they're sealed well.

Hi Bama,

I picked up a new pump basket gasket and relubed to eliminate that

The odd this is that for a few days everything operates air/bubble free. I there were an air leak would it occur intermittently ? or all the time

I will recheck everything today

Thanks for the advice

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.