Newbie needs help on AG ground purchase.

nlm74

Jul 24, 2011
Hello,

We just started the search and obviously I'm going to check out more places. But our local dealer who sells Atlantic Pools gave us a quote of $3795 for 27x52 round (infinity is the model which is steel). 60yr warranty but only 2 yr full.
Includes liner,
sta-rite sand filter 1HP (19 or 13"),
2 ball valves w/connecting hoses,
confer plastic ladder w/mat (model 7100)
wide mouth skimmer
lil shark automatic cleaner
8-16' telescoping pole, skimmer net, test kit, thermometer
pool frog w/1qt (3 month algae free guarantee)

Quoted us $3995 for the Resin model which has a 3 yr full warranty and comes with everything I listed above.

Here are my questions,
Do these sound reasonable? This does NOT include installation.
Resin or Steel? We're in Massachusetts.
Should I think about ordering online and if so, should I be looking for everything in the package they're giving to us, or are there things I can omit?

Asked about deals and specials, and he said no because they don't stock the pools they just order, is there a better time to buy?

Thanks so much, ALL answers are appreciated!

Nicole

Hi Nicole - Welcome to the forum. You don't need and you really don't want, the Pool Frog. Have them remove that from the package and give you a upgraded solar blanket instead, and a winter cover. I can't advise as to the pricing since it could be local, etc I think either Resin or Steel would be fine.

We went to all the local AGP stores and found that the best thing to do is figure out exactly what you want, find a good local installer, and then go and order everything from national pool wholesalers website. We saved a bundle of money and got exactly what we wanted. Ours is all resin including the bottom track ( no rust problems ) it's a Trevi ultimate 24x52, 40 year warranty. 5 full. Anyway, I was very happy with my order. I also suggest for a 27' you get a 2 speed pump. And don't let the pool stores talk you into a cartridge filter. The sand filter does a fine job as long as you are running the pump long enough each day to circulate your water properly.

Oh, and we ordered ours at the end of February, and the same pool right now is about 500 bucks more. So definitely the winter is a better time to order. Plus the installers are blown out with installs right now and probably would not be able to install your pool until at least mid august, so it might be worth it tissue until winter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.