Bubbles!

Jul 10, 2011
Walnut Creek CA
The AGP has been assembled and running for about 2 weeks now :-D but the family has been on the right coast with the cousins and aunties and uncle's and such, so today was the first real swim day it's seen :party: - It honestly looked like a bath tub! :? Bubbles all over the shop! I've obviously got something not quite right but I don't know what it is :eek: ... no pictures cos I was in the mix with them. The oldest was saying it hurt his eyes and his Aunties super de dooper new inground salt water, heated pool with an awesome deep end, was clearer too :blah: .... ours looks very clear to me except for the stuff that collects in the middle when we make a lazy river. Here are the numbers I've just taken with the T100. I'm using 6% bleach, borax and muratic..

CL 5+
PH 7.5
FC 7.5
CC 0
TA 90
CYA 65
CH 2

To my untrained eye this looks perfect.... d'yall swim in bubble bath too? :cheers:

Back in your post, "Ops, with a jug of shock" you said you accidentally put in a jug of something. Do you have that jug and can you tell us what it was? Give us the chemical name..."shock" is not what we're looking for.

duraleigh said:
Back in your post, "Ops, with a jug of shock" you said you accidentally put in a jug of something. Do you have that jug and can you tell us what it was? Give us the chemical name..."shock" is not what we're looking for.

That jug is gone - I can look it up the next time I got to home depot ( just looked at the website and I don't recognize anything) - would you guys agree that the readings look O.K.?

CL 5+
PH 7.5
FC 7.5
CC 0
TA 90
CYA 65
CH 2
You can leave off the OTO/yellow chlorine test when you are doing the FAS/DPD test.

Numbers look good! What is CH 2? 2 drops? CH is not important in a vinyl pool, except when it gets too high.

Add some extra chlorine to help get rid of the bubble bath. Probably some algaecide that was added is now foaming. :hammer:

Remember, all you need is bleach! :)

Thanks Butterfly - I just threw in the Ch test for fun for myself and xtra info for the brainiacs in case it may have been relavant... If ya'll think I'm O.K. raising the FC (right?) with more bleach then I'll throw it in, then throw the boogers with the kids attached and see waht happens - Cheeers!

hayabusa3 said:
Thanks Butterfly - I just threw in the Ch test for fun for myself and xtra info for the brainiacs in case it may have been relavant...
So it was just two drops, right?

If ya'll think I'm O.K. raising the FC (right?) with more bleach then I'll throw it in
Not quite sure what you mean/intend, but with a CYA of 65 you should keep the FC between 5 & 10 and never below 5. So, I suggest you test each evening and add enough bleach to reach about 8FC. The next evening the FC should be at least 5 and if not, you need to up the evening dose to compensate.

, then throw the boogers with the kids attached and see waht happens - Cheeers!
You can throw them in, but wait 30 minutes after adding bleach(with pump running) to do so :mrgreen:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Check the ingredients... is there anything other than sodium bicarbonate listed?

I wanna know... is that baking soda really alpine clean? And how would you know if it's regular old alpine or... say... cascade clean if you've never been to a nice steep mountain range to determine the difference? :cheers:

hayabusa3 said:
No, regular bleach...........just ran out and checked the baking soda "Apline Clean", could that have done it?

I am pretty sure that that has more than just baking soda in it. Like frogabog said check the ingredients. It is a "detergent" as far as I can tell, which seems to be a likely reason that you have bubbles! Just because it says arm and hammer does not mean it is baking soda (they have branched out their product line).

Yes. Go to the washing machine. Put some clothes in that are all similar in hue (darks, or lights). Check pockets.

Read alpine clean directions. Add alpine clean. Add fabric softener.

Turn machine to normal. Press start.

Run... to catch your wife when she falls over.

:~}

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.