Pool Chemicals "Does & Not to Does"?

Sabot

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 2, 2007
Austin, TX
Being a new pool owner, what are the Does and Not To Does with regards to chemicals?

1) Add chemicals to water not water to chemicals?
2) When adding "???" chemical to your pool, wait "x" amount of time before adding "??" chemical
3) When to mix chemicals to a bucket of pool water and when not too?
4)
so on...

I recall when talking to various pool owners not to add various chemicals at the same time to the pool (not mixing together in a bucket!) but I don't recall. Can anyone help me?

If this has already been addressed in another post, please direct me to the correct please. As always, thank you for your help!

Thanks,
Mike

This has come up a couple of times. One good thread is: How to introduce the BBB chemicals into a Pool. Frequently we talk about one chemical at a time and so far that hasn't gotten compiled into a single place. And of course the Stickies are a good place to investigate. Several of them touch on your question even though I don't remember one being specifically about how to add chemicals.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.