Liquidator - New pump motor and now way too much flow!

J

JoseJones

I have a little but annoying dilemma now with my 2 year old Liquidator.

I recently replaced my pump motor (same model as org) and now I can't keep the Chlorine levels low enough. I guess my old motor really wasn't running at capacity nearly at all.

The wierd thing is I can dial the flow to keep the ball down by 1 or 2 and it'd stay there. But the volume of clorine coming out is massive. I soaked the check valves and flow valve (all original with unit) in acid as mentioned in other posts. This didn't help. So I upgraded to the to the Hayward Needle valve others mention for more control. This has helped a little, but the Chlorine level still creeps up over time. I'll look one day and it'll be 7ppm or higher and then I'll shut the valve completely off for a day, then try again, then the cycle continues.

I don't know what the PSI is, I know I need to check this. What range should I be in PSI wise? And what tool do I need to get to measure this? Assuming it will be astronomical, what can I do?

Thanks in advance.

Jose

Sorry, didn't mean that I actually think the flow meter means anything. Just that before this was super low flow and a good yard stick. I've actually been running it so low the ball doesn't even pop up, or completely shut off. But even a little bit of flow increases the CL substantially. I guess this is the new reality?

Have no idea where I would get 6% CL. Like getting the cases from the local pool store once a month. Get to flirt with the cute manager. :whoot:

I have a crazy thought.

Besides installing the new pump, I picked up a new Prowler 720 robot and new pool filter cartridge. The Prowler's filter bag is 2 microns, and pool filter has only moved up from 12 PSI to 14 PSI since I installed it, and started using the Prowler on a almost daily basis. The pool gets a lot of debris and I only would vacum it out once a week before, so its much cleaner now than ever. Could this lack of organics sway the number this much? I guess I should be doing the OCLT to see how much organics are eating up my CL?

Thanks.

Jose

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.