Jul 20, 2011
Gordon, GA
First....hi everyone! New pool owner and board member here. I have a quick question.....

I started up my intex SWG last night and this morning the hose that goes from the SWG to the pool is brown. What in the world is wrong?? I am in the process of trying to get the water right and have it tested today.

Thanks!!

Sorry for the delay in answering. I had to purchase a test strip kit to get me by until I can order a good kit.....Leslies' was out :?

Anyway....everything is pretty much registering 0. My salt test showed between 2000 and 3000.

I have the newest model Intex SWG and I haven't unplugged the copper ion generator assuming it has one. Do I need to? Which plug is it? The big or little one on the top?

Thanks for all your help!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Valentine said:
I have the newest model Intex SWG and I haven't unplugged the copper ion generator assuming it has one. Do I need to? Which plug is it? The big or little one on the top?
On the new units, there are three cords. Disconnect the last cord in the direction of flow (it is the closest connection to the outlet back to the pool). You unscrew the retaining ring then unplug the connector.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.