Want to convert to SWG

May 25, 2010
Fairfax Station, VA
I have been lurking at this site, reading many of the posts. I Have a 35k gallon pool and I am tired of running to the store and lugging around chlorine. The Compupool CPSC48 looks like the best bang for the buck. However, I see alot of posts describing problems with accuracy of salt level and temp readings. How much of a problem is this? Is this a reliable unit?

I have the CPSC36 and it produces the chlorine just fine. The temp i'm not to worried about, i have a pool thermometer.
I'm still working with Compupool to find out about the salt reading being off.

bobodaclown has the CPSC48. He has quite a few posts about it. And seems to be very pleased with it. So you may want to view his posts.

I am concerned about the posts on calibration issues with Compupool. The point to getting a SWG system is to have a system with less fuss. On the other hand, the Compupool units are significantly less expensive per pound of chlorine generated. Not only will it be less expensive up front, but I believe will last longer since I can get a larger cell for less. This seems like a more difficult decision than I wanted.

The units I am looking at are the Compupool CPSC 48 which generates 2.5lb./day chlorine and costs approx. $725, CPSC 36 1.9lb./day and is $625 and Aqua Rite AR-4000 with T-cell 15 1.45lb./day and $999.

I seem to have read about less issues with the Aqua Rite but I have not read EVERY post.

There are many many more issues reported with the AquaRite, but that is only because there are way way more AquaRite units installed in the world. Compupool is relatively new, so we don't really know how well they will hold up in the long run, but so far they have been doing much better than average. The CPSC 48 is also a very good deal.

JasonLion said:
There are many many more issues reported with the AquaRite, but that is only because there are way way more AquaRite units installed in the world. Compupool is relatively new, so we don't really know how well they will hold up in the long run, but so far they have been doing much better than average. The CPSC 48 is also a very good deal.

How important are the calibration issues people are reporting?

JasonLion said:
I don't consider them significant. What difference does it make if the salt reading is exactly right or not? None of them are perfect.

Thank you for responding.
I thought that perhaps a salt reading misinterpreted as too low or too high may cause the unit to alter the chlorination. If not, I agree, it does not matter.

i just bought a circu pool JR 30 from discountsaltpools ,but i iam still working on getting water clear(it is clearing every day with help here and poolschool) This seem's to be a good unit so far but i belive it is new too.I can say the people have been great where i bought it,they have return calls on a sat. and followed up the mon..
The pro's here may how more input on these circupool unit's then i do.They do have a 7 year warenty but it;s a % down for every year.
The isue i had was i didn't order for a 110v. and it came wired for 220v.,they told me how to convert over phone and was reel helpful for being on a sat. afternoon. did not expect that. good luck

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.