How do I make the CYA levels even out?

I am not authoritative here, but since you are just starting out with getting you pool going on BBB, I think you should keep all of you posts on this pool in one thread for now. It helps the people here help you. What are you using for you tests?

The only thing that raises your CYA is by adding more CYA. In any case, you have no CYA in your water and that means that after about an hour on sunlight, your FC will be gone and then your pool water will be unsanitized.

I would suggest adding enough CYA to get you to at least 30 ppm. Then add enough chlorine to get you to at least 4 ppm. Overall, I would suggest reading Pool School. That way, you can understand the reasons behind why certain levels are suggested.

Strips often show CYA at 0 when it really isn't. They can not measure CYA under about 40ppm, and even at 40 they look close to zero.

If CYA is at or above 50 they will show some change to match to the 50-100 color, but it's still very inaccurate.

The test that will tell you what the CYA level is in the TFT100 and the Taylor K-2006 but it's a reagent test, not a strip. It too is not perfect, with a +/-10ppm accuracy depending on light and operator perception but it's a heck of a lot better than the strips for CYA. They are absolutely junk and will steer you wrong every time if you use them to calculate chemical additions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.