where is vermiculite sold?

You're in Ft. Wayne - look in the yellow pages for Ft. Wayne Pools - they're a national distributor of IG liner pools and have a subsidiary in New England called Baystate Pools.

What you're looking for is 2" of 'ver-con' base throughout the floor. Some, not so simple algebra, with a good bit of trig. will allow you to get a good idea of how much you need.

My best guess would be to get ~ 80 bags - call it 3 pallets (90 bags) if you don't have any large voids in the floor.

Please remember that you may loose mixes during the troweling of the floor - if you can't readily get more vermiculite, be sure to order more than you suspect you'll need! :cool:

we are having no luck with fort wayne pools. they tell us we have to go through a dealer for anything. We wanted to order an in ground pool kit from them and had no luck. Only referred us to dealers.

However, thanks for the info so far! Very nervous about the pool in general. We are doing it 100% by ourselves. Temps got up to 100 degrees here today, so I'm keeping my eye on the prize.

Thanks!
Theresa

I finally found a source for Vermiculite. They carry it at my local agri store. I can preorder it, but they want to know if I want course or medium. Anyone know? I'll have to let them know today so I can get it by the weekend.

Thanks again, and again, and again...

Medium!

The coarse stuff is a rel PITA to play with :-D

Also, don't let them give you some medium and the rest coarse - make sure it's all the same grade or you'll be inventing new swear words when a different batch comes out! (trying to blend coarse to medium SUCKS :rant: )

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.