Removit

AGT

Jun 29, 2011
Anyone try this before. Cheaper than stain-free but supposed to do the same thing. I just picked up a bottle for some brown smear like stains all over pool and on edge of steps. Says it is compatible with sanitizers and won't lower PH. I am gonna try it with some Metal-Free and see what happens

Stain Free is just ascorbic acid. RemovIt is mostly citric acid mixed something that helps it form a paste. In both cases the generic chemicals are less expensive. Metal Free is not one of the sequestrants we recommend. Sequestrants based on HEDP, phosphonic acid, or phosphonic acid derivatives are significantly more effective.

What is a better sequestrant? Also will I have to lower my chlorine with removit? It does not mention doing so. I got 2 pounds for 10 bux

Stain remover then sequestrant or vice versa?

Worked but not as well because I could not get my CL to drop quick enough. Added the removit and then the metal free after 24 hours. Significant fade of spots but I will be doing the AA treatment again soon.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.