New Inground 20x40 build

May 1, 2011
Well, been a long time coming, finally broke ground yesterday. Many, many obstacles along the way so far, the worse being the field line relocation which we didnt plan in the budget. Oh well...

I bought the kit (royal swimming pools) and am sub contracting the work out.

20x40 rectangle, 2' radius corners, 8' cozy cove w/ jets, 8' roman step in the shallow end, Interfab T7 diving board with LED light and waterfall, 4 savi note LED lights with MX controller.

The plan is for about 1200' of stamped and stained concrete deck. There will also be a 24x16 stamped/stained pad poured for a future pavilion and kitchen area.

IMG03128-20110620-0625.jpg

IMG03129-20110620-0625.jpg

36" Monster

IMG03130-20110620-0625.jpg

IMG03161-20110625-0946.jpg

IMG03378-20110720-1615.jpg

IMG03382-20110720-1645.jpg

IMG03383-20110720-1646.jpg

IMG03385-20110720-1647.jpg

more to come as it happens

tmill002 said:
Wow! That hole is perfect! I wish I had it that easy. We ran into a shale vane and limestone. Very nice pics!

thanks

Tom

Thanks. Well he told me before I started, as did many others he does pools for...he said "I dig a beautiful hole, just wait." He was right.

Easy, not so much. We tried to start once, field lines in the way. had to cut the lines, move them over and further back, pushed us back a week and a half, and still couldnt move the pool over as far as we want to and maintain proper distance from septic and lines. That was $2k we werent planning for.

Not realizing our grade was so steep in the back is a shocker to. The shallow end of the pool is just 10" or so above current ground level, but the deep end (swimout side) is about 40" above current ground level. We envisioned a pool level with the yard, now we will have a pretty good slope around the pool, especially in the back.

Because of setbacks, we are not going to be able to finish the build before our planned vacation, so there will be more time lost as well. Since I am subbing everything out I am not going to let major things happen while I am not around. So it definitely has not been stress free, but I am sure it will be worth it in the end. I just hope I get to swim a few weeks before closing it up.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok all, give me your thoughts since its not to late yet. I am using 4 nexxus savi note LED lights. Where would you put them? The holes arent drilled out for them yet and I have to decide quickly. Me and the builder were kinda thinking 2 in the deep end panels, 2 in the shallow end panels facing each other. May be a dark spot in the center of the pool, I dunno. Or we could put 2 on each long wall facing each other, but will likely have dark spots on the 2 ends.

My wife suggested putting 1 light in each side. Meaning 1 in shallow end and 1 in deep end facing each other, then 1 on each side wall facing each other.

Thoughts?

tmill002 said:
I was just talking to a friend about how deep you were I said thats gonna be a lot of back fill

Yep, I am one of the rare birds who not only will have no dirt to haul off, but because of our footage of deck he said he will likely bring in 1-2 loads of dirt.

Well a lot of people brought up a good point when we did ours. They said you want them pointing away from which ever direction will be your entertaining space... so if you plan to put tables and chairs and such say on the right side of the pool, you may want to consider putting the lights on the right side as well so they shine to the left- it gives the pool a beautiful glow effect and you don't have bright blobs blaring into your eyes when you are entertaining at night... just a thought!

I was wondering if these savi notes, which are smaller nicheless lights, would put off enough light to affect you if they were aimed certain ways. I dont know how bright they are. I did find this post kinda showing how they look. which-lights-for-my-pool-t16879.html

I have 4 of these little fellas. It also states they can be mounted a minimum of 4" below water level, but I dont know how deep they "should" go to work best.

WJrnRF9h132VsG4L_dWJvS94jOiaQwL-wOkKMcjDaiSu_-xRXaHhmiYPPP0kePoQbJ5XLq1iz8Du-PV1Np2IC8AneL9dfV6rIrhPQhg8CwwE3yH3lWfIzXHa4bZlLB0e1LPTewbMLMzWObKMs1aSp0qBxUwHYA5UNrPvdA

Well the crew took friday off. They put the poolkrete in this morning but I doubt I will get to take pics because the liner will likely be in by the time I am able to get home. I took a couple off of a cam showing of the poolkrete. More to come as it happens

poolkrete.jpg

poolkrete2.jpg

Its going quick, but no work today :(. We got to get the plumbing finished (its half done), and need a couple loads of dirt for backfilling the back. I hope that will be on the agenda tomorrow. the electrician came today expecting to bond everything, but he cant do his thing because the backfill isnt done and he is going out of town tomorrow until sunday. Oh well, is what it is right.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.