Trouble Getting A accurate CC reading

Jul 14, 2011
I am using taylor 2066 test kit. I am in the process of converting my baqua pool to chlorine. In order to know the test is complete I need to test cc and I can not get a reading I keep adding drops and the color will not change from pink. Any suggestions. I added non chlorine shock before the coversion start, it says that may skew your results... help...

Let's make sure you are doing the test right:
You start by adding your R-0870 powder, then drops of R-0871 until clear, then 5 drops R-0003, then R-0871 again, correct? I just want to make sure it's not a testing error.

I am doing the test by adding r0871 until clear then the 5 drops but I can never get it to turn clear again. Is that because they are so high I counted drops until like 20 and still the water was pink..... :(

ok here goes i just tested the water FC 9 and I added the 5 drops of r0003 the water turned slightly pink and as i added more the water go darker pink. Does that mean that my cc is 0.5 or less????

Re: Re: Trouble Getting A accurate CC reading

afoster0822 said:
ok here goes i just tested the water FC 9 and I added the 5 drops of r0003 the water turned slightly pink and as i added more the water go darker pink. Does that mean that my cc is 0.5 or less????

After you add the 5 drops of r003, what bottle are you using for the rest of the drops? If it just barely turned light pink, it should have needed only a drop or two to go clear. You are not just adding more and more of the r003 are you?? You only do 5 drops of out and then switch back to adding the r0871 until clear.

I add the 5 r0003 then r0871 again.... I am not sure what is going on.... Can your cc level be higher than your FC level? Sometimes after getting clear for the FC the water will turn pink on it's own maybe that is messing up the results?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Re: Re: Trouble Getting A accurate CC reading

afoster0822 said:
I add the 5 r0003 then r0871 again.... I am not sure what is going on.... Can your cc level be higher than your FC level? Sometimes after getting clear for the FC the water will turn pink on it's own maybe that is messing up the results?

The tests need to done immediately. It just needs to stay clear a second or two.

Something's not sounding right.
You said.
ok here goes i just tested the water FC 9 and I added the 5 drops of r0003 the water turned slightly pink and as i added more the water go darker pink.
Then you said.
I add the 5 r0003 then r0871 again.... I am not sure what is going on.... Can your cc level be higher than your FC level?
So are you adding more than 5 drops of R-0003?

The tests have to be ran pretty close together. If you let the test set after you do the FC test it will tuen back pink after several seconds. I add an extra drop of R-0871 when doing the FC test jut to make sure it's really clear.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.